Music Banter - View Single Post - Cultural appropriation
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 08:43 AM   #21 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

The history of not just my country but European colonialism is what really motivated racial lines in culture, or more significantly, black culture. Otherwise you have cultural norms segregated by ethnicity or country so italian culture or japanese culture or Chinese culture but black people had their whole identities taken from them so for black Americans all they have as an identity is black culture. It's the only sense of identity they have left so naturally they are extremely protective of it especially in a country that consistently takes and builds off of it while trying to exclude them.

Majority of the claims are just whiny liberal college kids making something out of nothing for 'woke' points. Usually, as proven by the article, by white people. But then you have people like Post Malone who undeniable made a career on the back of black culture but doesn't want to be lumped in with the culture when it's inconvenient. I think a lot of white rappers have a strange condescending view on hip hop culture as a whole like they tend to be more holier than thou.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote