Music Banter - View Single Post - Cultural appropriation
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 04:20 PM   #30 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuthbert View Post
Well said fella. Sense at last
Like I said I think generally taking from other cultures is a form of cultural exchange which is great, and I agree with Lucem's whiny liberal comment, but he also makes a good point about why taking from other cultures has to be paired with respect for that culture's people. You're a sweetheart, but you dismiss issues with racism far too easily.

So to give an example that you may relate to more: imagine chav culture would become fashionable among typical tory kids. So they'd dress like that etc. just for fun, but they'd still act just as snobbish. That would feel wrong, wouldn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Stolen artifacts are a more concerning aspect of cultural appropriation than people preferring Macklemore to Nas imo.
and that's another good point. Taking cool aspects from people's culture shouldn't actually take something away from them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote