Music Banter - View Single Post - Hello All
Thread: Hello All
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 08:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
bananasushi
Groupie

Default Hello All

Hello
Just listening to John Scofield's Hand Jive album right now.

I'm new here. I joined because I've been looking for a place to ask about a song I've been wanting to know what it is for 30 years. But then I join and I can't post a link until I've posted 15 times grr. I prepared a 40 second clip of looping through the melody twice on my guitar.

Anyways, I've been listening to a ton of Jazz lately because I'm searching for what I like but I haven't found much. I found stuff by googling and searching youtube for "best jazz albums of all time."

I do like the stuff from the 30's - 40's.

But I mainly like slow soft piano and guitar Jazz. I found Joe Pass is pretty much what I was looking for.

I spent half of last year listening to Hits from 1906 up to 1954 found on 45prof and 78prof's youtube channel.

My musical journey started out with some "Irish music cassettes" I bought when I was 9.
But then I turned to liking Rap and then Rock in my teens. Then I found videogame music. Once I started learning guitar in my 20s, I started branching out to the roots of music and so I've been listening to Blues and Jazz. I definitely love classical as well.
I like the roots of country music but not new stuff.

So yeah I'm on a musical journey in search of gems. Always fun to find a new gem.

One strange thing about me, I don't like listening to the same song multiple times over. The first few times I find a really good song, I'm in awe and it's the honeymoon phase. But if I listen to it too much, it becomes to common, so I try to regulate it. Just put it away and maybe listen to it some other time if I'm craving it. The rest of the time I just spend listening to new stuff.

Cheers.
bananasushi is offline   Reply With Quote