Music Banter - View Single Post - Missing Posters Bulletin Board
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 07:50 PM   #6916 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
Okay, first of all nice philosophical argument

Secondly, I don't think anyone here is stupid. A little demented maybe, but not stupid.

But was shocked to see OH is missing. I went back and discovered he hasn't posted since February. I can't believe he would have left over a time out. I mean, it's not like he's never been timed out before. I'm assuming no one here is able to contact him.

Anyway, dropping in. Nice to see you guys.
Hey man! Good to see you after all this time. How goes it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
I thought it was mainly the brain cells in the hippocampus that get replaced. Others might have some level of regeneration, but not full replacement. I believe antidepressants mimic the process of replacing cells in the hippocampus to give those with depression some kind of mitigation with their negative feelings.

But anyways, I'm almost positive that not everything in the brain is replaced. We come equipped with 100 billion brain cells at birth and I'd be willing to bet that not every one of them is replaced.
yeah you must be right. MS is a degenerative disease that attacks the brain cells. I often have to repeat things to Karen many times, over several days, as her short-term memory is ****ed with that disease. One of her doctors once put it very clearly if simplisticly: your brain is shrinking and there are holes developing in it. Nice.