Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 01:16 PM   #30070 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Cop: Do you know how fast you were going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneW View Post
Rosi and I use to go to Ronnie Scotts Jazz Club when we ran out of places to go, various reasons not for the Jazz although we danced Trad Jazz they called it and just had fun were ever we went, at our ages music and fun it was. Only ever had a little trouble the once and that was not anything to do with the club scene, so for 16/17 years old it was a safe environment back then. The Who was the most fantastic exciting band live ever back then for us and the London clubs were not the only ones that were able to book
them the Wimbledon Palais and maybe Streatham Ice Rink as well. Had just started dating to be husband so he gave us a lift to the W.Palais for us to see The Who again. I can remember him saying what a noise they make.....he loves them now though....
The first song made me cry actually and then played it three times to get over that, made it to the 2nd one and was completely in the wrong mood for it...not a jazz fan but sure it has a place, just not now for me...Thanks for sharing...
Cop: Please step out of the car.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote