Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 09:19 PM   #75043 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
I watch some gory subreddits (most of the time, I'm nonplussed by it), and there was this one video of a mother in India. It's Mother's Day (happy Mothers' day to all the moms here), and there was a video of an Indian mother grieving over the dead body/remains of her daughter in the street who just got ran over by a semi truck. It looked like she got stepped on by a damn stegosaurus. And the pain she exhibited was just heartbreaking. Man, this world is ****ing cruel. My heart ****ing sank.
I used to do the same, I think I've even seen that video or a similar one at least. I was generally nonplussed when watching them, but my opinion is that they add up over time and leave an impact. It's worth understanding and seeing it is the best way to know for most people, but I prefer being informed about the world's harsh realities without living them vicariously. Watching brutal videos doesn't prepare you for when those situations happen to you as much as people think, either.

You do you but that **** ain't healthy imo. There's plenty of excellently done fake gore with no real suffering where you can scratch that itch.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote