Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 09:29 PM   #75044 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I used to do the same, I think I've even seen that video or a similar one at least. I was generally nonplussed when watching them, but my opinion is that they add up over time and leave an impact. It's worth understanding and seeing it is the best way to know for most people, but I prefer being informed about the world's harsh realities without living them vicariously. Watching brutal videos doesn't prepare you for when those situations happen to you as much as people think, either.

You do you but that **** ain't healthy imo. There's plenty of excellently done fake gore with no real suffering where you can scratch that itch.
Thanks Frown, I genuinely do appreciate the input.

I don't watch it often. But occasionally when I scroll through Reddit, it is there. It hasn't affected my mental health or anything. But if/when it does, I'll certainly be unfollowing.

As you say, it is stuff that's worth understanding. I primarily became interested in it due to the desire to see what is really happening in warzones and overseas in territory that is disputed (my strongest political stance is being anti-war - it's one of the reasons I so strongly identified with liberals as I grew up in the midst of the Iraq War). Add in the cartel stuff I follow with that. It's genuinely scary and frightening stuff. I can only take it in small doses.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote