Music Banter - View Single Post - How To Improve This Place
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 07:00 AM   #202 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Yeah I mean it would be a shame because going some place else would mean losing all the history of this place. I have 7k+ post here spanning more than 16 years. This is why I'm still here. I get a kick out of rummaging through old threads or running into some of my old posts or older discussions between people I know/knew.

It would be interesting to understand how much money they're actually making here. I know they own a bigger forum with more advanced software (or at least more features), so if they already have the license for it, would it cost much more to do some upgrades here?

Or maybe they'd be willing to sell it. But how much could it cost, including making upgrades? Anyone have any idea?
With owners seemingly uninterested, chances are it's all gonna disappear one day in any case. Newer BBpress versions may have made many changes to database architecture over the years and so at this point, even upgrading the site may break things completely if you don't do it smart and stepwise.

It would be nice if they can accomplish that, but with no word from them, who knows if they even want to?

Edit:

The sites / domains I've run has been 30-40 USD per year, but I guess you may have to pay more for increased traffic / capacity.