Music Banter - View Single Post - Send it! The Disc Golf Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 09:26 AM   #269 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

The little story about a table that wanted to become a disc golf rack continued:

The best direction to take from here is to make a center brace for it, so lets get to it:

Patent... lol

Ok, that works, but it seems just a bit lacking. I think I'll match the end column pieces and use that same design for a center divider. The original used mortise and tenon joints, but I'm just using some Gorilla Wood Glue and tacking with small screws where possible:

Put it all together and then add a few detail touches, like filling a bit of wood imperfections (I grabbed a crappy piece, ooops), and capping off the end screws:

It's looking pretty good so far, but I'm still not done. It's gonna need some casters so it can roll around the garage to move it out of the way if necessary:

That's where it's at right now. I'll be sanding and prepping for paint over the weekend. The final piece will look like this:

Basket Cases (a local disc golf club I belong to) blue with my custom artwork and some accent colors. Not sure about the accent colors though. I also have some 1.5" end caps to order to cover the ends that sandwich the rod. The artwork will be printed off at 15"x20" on heavy paper and glued to the top, then coated with about 7-8 coats of clear coat.

I'll be sure to post up finished pics when it's all done next week!

The End...?