Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2021, 03:37 AM   #10320 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

1. What was the best gig you were ever at, and why?
As a complete experience, the best was the Breeders. It just had the perfect atmosphere. It was the kind of gig where the fact that they're old doesn't make things any weaker, just more moving. The most typical moment was when they did Driving on 9 and Kim was like 'we have no one who can play the violin with us so Kelley is gonna sing the solo' and she did like an absolute legend.
2. And the worst?
When I was 15 or something some friends dragged me to a Kings Day festival (that horrid Dutch orange holiday) and the performances there were the worst I've even seen. Never went to one of those again.
3. Who have you never seen live, who you would wish to?
Many people. Now that I'm starting to like jazz I want a jazz gig experience, seeing Mary Halvorson live would be awesome
4. What's the absolute max you would pay for a ticket, and to see whom?
I paid about 50 euros for Patti Smith once, worth it but that's definitely my max
5. What do you generally buy at gigs, if anything (t-shirt, CD, poster etc)?
T-shirts if I like them
6. What is/was your favourite venue, and why?
Paradiso and Bitterzoet I guess, both in Amsterdam
Bonus question: What is your opinion of the use of holograms of dead stars at gigs?
Maybe it gives people closure or something so then good for them, but I'd say let the dead be dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote