Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2021, 10:07 AM   #10323 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

1. What was the best gig you were ever at, and why?

Shabazz Palaces at The Regent. It was a three hour show where they slayed all the way through, the sound of the venue was perfect, the audience was into it as ****, and I was tripping balls on acid. They held up when I saw them again too, they're some of the best performers of all time.

2. And the worst?

Lonnie Holley did his thing well and I'm very much not into his thing.

3. Who have you never seen live, who you would wish to?

Sophie was on my bucketlist to see live

4. What's the absolute max you would pay for a ticket, and to see whom?

I paid $125 to see King Crimson and it was worth it, I could probably push that to $150 for something just as special.

5. What do you generally buy at gigs, if anything (t-shirt, CD, poster etc)?

Beer and a t-shirt. My closet is full of concert drip.

6. What is/was your favourite venue, and why?

The aforementioned Regent DTLA's layout is great and their sound is always on point. I also really like the Zebulon Cafe which is a smaller spot that showcases experimental and underground music.

Bonus question: What is your opinion of the use of holograms of dead stars at gigs?

It's more like watching a movie than seeing a concert since (as far as I know) the hologram isn't necessarily reacting to the environment like a performer would. I can see renting a hologram setup becoming a common way to get entertainment for parties and such, which could close out a lot of opportunities for performers. I'm generally cool with it though.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote