Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2021, 02:28 PM   #75074 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Red face

Spoiler for long ass work rant:

So they're training me to be operator as I mentioned.. reason being my operator quit and they brought in this young redneck who is the cousin of the plant manager and were gonna train him to replace my operator. I told them they should train me to do it so now they're training both of us.

The other two operators quit too so we went from 3 shifts with experienced operators to 2 shifts with me and the other young guy and neither of us really know wtf we're doing lol. He pretends to know a lot more than he does cause his whole family is in the box business or whatever plus he's just cocky like that... Never wants to own that he is ****ing up.

Where as me I know damn well I'm completely underqualified and just seized an opportunity to try to advance cause the place is losing operators and even supervisors left and right. I'm starting to get the hang of it a bit but it's mentally taxing .. so much **** going on at once that I'm supposed to keep track of...
Plus I'm in the new position of having to boss other people around which doesn't come naturally to me... But I am learning quickly that if you don't they just take advantage of you.. which I already knew it's just weird being the one in that position...

The two people I have on my crew are the fake OH guy and some tomboyish country girl who's only like 18. She's stocky and almost comes across like a lesbian but apparently she has a boyfriend who just ripped her off and stole her credit card. The fake OH... The teacher/former meth addict I mentioned... Let's call him professor meth.

Well professor seems to have a thing for the young girl though he also almost comes across as gay so I can't tell whether he's OH thirsting over a typing broad or just her catty old gay friend. Kinda funny though. Either way they're decent enough people and easy enough to work with. Professor meth is predictably lazy though and sand bags sometimes.

Now I am gonna be on 7pm -7am as opposed to 3pm - 3am starting Monday but the other workers schedule stays the same.. only me and the other operator are changing schedules so I'll have his crew part of the time and mine part of the time and vice versa. ****s ****in exhausting though if they don't get a 3rd shift in soon enough I'll quit.. and after they spent all that time and energy training me .

They'll be pissed off of that happens and I won't care in the slightest except for I'll feel sorta bad for the guy who's training me cause he puts in a lot of effort... But they keep talking about we're gonna fix this ****... Clock is ticking cause once I'm completely out of debt and situated I ain't doing this 70 hrs a week ****. They'll be **** outta luck if they're relying on that long term.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote