Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2021, 07:04 AM   #75106 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
cassettes have an even more pronounced sound difference to my ears

you can buy random goofy stuff that might not even be uploaded to the web yet (until you do it) for 25ยข at thrift stores

you can record to them and give them to other people for much cheaper than the cost of a computer

in terms of collecting, they're like the size of trading cards, kinda ideal that they don't take up a bunch of space
lol @ the idea of giving someone a cassette of music you recorded. That's proper psychopathic behavior in 2021 bruh. I would certainly laugh at you for that one pal.

Reminds me of when I worked at Walmart in Florida

It was like 2009 or so.. CDs were still a thing sorta... And on break we're all outside smoking and it's me and pretty much half the Haitian dudes I knew in lake worth.. we all got hired on at Walmart at the same time in a hiring frenzy... And so this white guy sees this group of mostly black men standing outside smoking and decides to come up and give us the spiel about do you like to check out local artists.. hands my friend Nelson a CD and says that's his music and to check it out. Real heartfelt moment. You could tell he was nervous too but Nelson played it off like yeah man definitely we'll check it out.

So anyway he walks away and as we're heading back inside the store this fat black cashier girl is walking the opposite direction Nelson walks right up to her and is like "Yo, this that new transformers" (movie had just come out) and hands her the CD then we keep walking. **** was hilarious
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote