Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 08:29 AM   #2189 (permalink)
rostasi

I just look at the nature of people’s areas of constant interest thru their postings to get a pretty good understanding of their mindset.

As for this article, eh, hem... it’s the NYPost - so that tells you something first.
There’s the amplification of certain phrases to steer the article to appear shocking in some sense. I can see/hear Sanders saying some of these quotes with a twinkle in his eye, but amplified by the Post as some horrible, demanding elitism - which has always been the (mis)direction this kind of media loves to dole out. “OMG, he has TWO houses and made a million dollars off a book!” - totally redirecting his ideas about general personal wealth while somehow presenting an older Senator with all of these decades of experience as being somehow elitist by having a summer home somewhere. There’s a whole generation of the middle class who’ve had second housing somewhere.

I can also tell you that, especially as you get older, travel that involves hotels can be a real pain with all kinds of uncomfortable surprises. As a matter of fact, I can see a lot of what is alleged (or some variation) in what I wish I could ask for if I had the clout of a person running for President. The cold room, the king sized bed, the tea, blanket (or pillow in the case of my wife)... and I’d probably want more things not mentioned if I were tasked with trying to get a good night’s sleep so I could be on my feet greeting people all day long while making sure that you don’t slip up on what you’re saying - because as we all know, there’s NO mercy (Obama’s “57 states” comment that may’ve been confused with the 57 Islamic states - or he just could’ve been damn tired after 15 months on the road). Cover up that damn red light on the TV (and that one on the ceiling that’ll put your eye out) ... why do they use cheap window unit air conditioners that sound like a truck when they cycle off and on in the middle of the night ... and so on. Staying at someone else’s place on a regular basis - especially when it’s mass produced - can’t help but produce uncomfortable situations that, sometimes, are tolerable in the short run, but if you are constantly on the road, they can easily accumulate into being a real pain and certainly detrimental if you have to constantly appear cogent to the unrelenting press.

Last edited by rostasi; 05-27-2021 at 08:56 AM.
rostasi is offline   Reply With Quote