Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2021, 09:11 PM   #10365 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

1. What sort of computer do you own (Laptop/Tablet/Desktop etc/Brand/specs if you want/general description)?

I own laptops, a tablet, a desktop - Macbook Pro, iMac 27'' 5K, a couple Linux laptops, and a Windows desktop computer.

2. How long, roughly, have you had some sort of a computer?

Probably since I was 3. I grew up playing Carnivores 2 and Titanic Adventure Out of Time

3. What do you use your computer for, mostly?

In terms of time spent? Work. Other than that, general internet browsing to satisfy my intellectual curiosity, listening to music, making house mixes, spinning up VMs and labbing, etc.

4. How often, if at all, do you upgrade/replace your system?

Once every 5 years

5. If you had the money, what's one thing you would replace on your computer?

I wouldn't replace anything, I'd just buy a newer one.

6. Roughly, how many hours a day do you spend staring at that screen?

Probably around 12 hours.

7. Name three applications you really can't do without on your computer?

Vim, Brave, and rekordbox.

8. What was the first ever operating system you used?

Windows 98.

9. Generally, do you buy from a shop/seller or build yourself?

I've built before but I'm too lazy to do it often. So, the former.

10. What is, in your opinion, the most useless piece of software on your computer?

Dropbox.

11. What was the most valuable (to you) data wiped from your hard disk, either by a sudden crash, virus or power failure, or whatever?

Probably the creative non-fiction paper I wrote for one of my philosophy classes. It was the greatest thing I've ever written, 25 pages or so, and I wrote all of it completely wasted. Alcohol brings out the Hunter S. Thompson in me. I remember distinctly writing about the United States' Operation Menu bombings as I was drinking bourbon in my dorm room and ****-talking with my buddies. And around 3am, I had enough - and had to stumble my way down the hall into the shared dorm bathrooms to chuck up my dinner.

12. If you could digitise yourself and go into a game, what character would you be?

Duke Nukem, of course.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote