Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2021, 07:04 AM   #10373 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

1. What sort of computer do you own (Laptop/Tablet/Desktop etc/Brand/specs if you want/general description)?

I have 2 low end Win10 boxes and a HP G3 3590 Laptop with maxed out RAM that I use for graphics work and general home use. For CAD I have a Ryzen Threadripper 2950x CPU with a Zotec RTX 2080ti GPU and 32G RAM running Win10.

2. How long, roughly, have you had some sort of a computer?

I got a Commodore 64 for Xmas in 1982. Thanks Dad!

3. What do you use your computer for, mostly?

Work work work work

4. How often, if at all, do you upgrade/replace your system?

As often as possible, but $$ is a factor so I try to keep a good balance of up to date tech and it's shelf life usefulness.

5. If you had the money, what's one thing you would replace on your computer?

I'd love to run bridged 3080's, which is probably gonna happen soon. Awww yeah.

6. Roughly, how many hours a day do you spend staring at that screen?

Enough to make my eyes suck back into my skull.

7. Name three applications you really can't do without on your computer?

AutoDesk AEC, Adobe Creative Suite (every app contained within those packages), and Twinmotion.

8. What was the first ever operating system you used?

BASIC 2.0, which was 'basically' DOS on 5.25 floppy's.

9. Generally, do you buy from a shop/seller or build yourself?

A little of both. I'll grab a low end shell with a good CPU and beef it up. I've never gone full on build mode but if I had the moolah, oh boy.

10. What is, in your opinion, the most useless piece of software on your computer?

I get rid of anything not useful. I keep a clean house. It's a good habit to pick up.

11. What was the most valuable (to you) data wiped from your hard disk, either by a sudden crash, virus or power failure, or whatever?

Nothing recently. Being a CAD Manager, you have to know the importance of automatic saves and backing up, and not just in one place, but I've learned some valuable lessons long ago about all of that. Days (about a week) of work lost because of HD failure.

12. If you could digitize yourself and go into a game, what character would you be?

Leisure Suit Larry