Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2021, 05:59 PM   #2245 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
That's another good quote!

You make some good rational arguments - and that may be their weakness. Will Republican voters be thinking about previous presidential terms, about Obamacare? Even Biden's success with covid might be either a fading memory or remembered with resentment as an example of Holocaust-style Dem repression, as MT Greene is now re-casting it.

I guess we can only wait and see which voters are inspired by reality-based analysis as you lay it out, and which voters are going to vote against those space-laser pedophiles at any cost.

A question I haven't seen debated anywhere yet: Supposing, with so many investigations into Trump going on, he's in court or under house arrest when the next elections come round? How will the GOP party and voters react to that circumstance?
If Trump isn't found, on tape, saying something atrocious, then any prosecution will animate his base. But as I say, I don't know that it will matter. The GOP is constantly throwing out it's own - not a real republican, RINO, not a Trump supporter. The more the litmus test throws people out, the remaining crowd is not only smaller, but says more alienating stuff.

They weren't found to have a compelling argument in 2012, the lost the majority in 2016, and they lost so badly in 2020 that traditionally red states switched. The trends don't lie. And the GOP is giving up anyone who has the mental capacity to write legislation.

Newsmax is a death sentence for the Right. As is the Facebook algorithm. Pedophile pizza parlors do not resonate with the general public.