Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2021, 07:12 PM   #2248 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Again, I hope you are right, Big3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
The GOP is constantly throwing out it's own - not a real republican, RINO, not a Trump supporter. The more the litmus test throws people out, the remaining crowd is not only smaller, but says more alienating stuff.
To me, the next logical step in this process is to have a group of Republicans splinter off and form a new party. This is what would've happened in England by now: sure the splinter party is always weaker, but usually picks up a few seats. If it is lucky, it gets enough seats that neither of the other parties gets a clear majority, like a Senate that's 45-10-45. When that happens, the splinter group is like a lady with two lovers, both major parties trying to get her into their bed. It's actually quite stabilising I think, though I don't know the details.
Is it my imagination, or do people in the US have the attitude that a third party is unthinkable?

Quote:
And the GOP is giving up anyone who has the mental capacity to write legislation.
Yep, they are becoming a party that never do their homework. I was reminded of this today, watching a documentary about the upcoming environmental disaster of California's drought: 21 years of water shortage so far, and set to get worse this year. Failing crops, cattle that can't be maintained: it'll take extraordinary measures to avoid disaster, but are the GOP investigating solutions? No, they are preparing their next speeches about space lasers and planning to block infrastructure spending.