Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 07:53 PM   #2270 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
Only after Lenin called Leftist Marxism an infantile disorder. But that's not what I'm taking issue with. It's the problem of every political comment landing squarely between a "joke" and snark. Living in this sort of thought-free twilight where if you're ever called out on it you can cower behind it being a joke and then accuse me of being a reactionary liberal.
I'm honestly not entirely sure what you're referencing here. I'm not on the same side as a weird fascist Leninist like OccultHawk who supports ethnostates and Muslim genocide cause his rightwing beliefs are abhorrent and his leftwing beliefs are LARPing nonsense that rejects anything that isn't violent revolution regardless of the outcome. I don't even know what Frownland ultimately believes cause he's too ironic to ever fully articulate his beliefs. And elphenor is a political fashionista who likes whatever politics his favorite bands like. For myself I just take issue with your siding with electable Democrats seemingly without criticism.

I mean I can understand voting for Biden as opposed to voting for Trump but as far as treating Biden as if he's The Guy as opposed to just the least bad capitalist neoliberal we got the chance to vote for I simply can't understand that.

Like he's probable been the best president we've had in decades but the bar is so low I'm thinking chugging bleach in honor of our last president.

Quote:
If someone is going to be a far-left radical, I don't have an issue with that. And if they're sincere in their positions, and thoughtful about things, I'd ever respect them. I just think most Americans spend more time considering what to eat for lunch than what our national policies should be.
Well of course the American populace is either drinking some form of poisoned Flavor-Aid or completely disengaged. The concept of class solidarity is purely academic and even if you're hoping that can be sidestepped by an authoritarian vanguard leftist party you're still praying for a miracle.

I don't think anyone here expects anything whatsoever beyond possibly a civil war caused by climate change catastrophe leading to a leftist insurgency dropping Apple store drone bomblets on their government and fascist enemies because we're all fundamentally black pilled.

Personally the only things I hope for is a slowly, slowly evolving labor movement building in response to the failure of neoliberalism and hopefully co-ops introducing the concept of workplace democracy to a wider.populace but I'm pretty sure I was born at least one generation too early to see anything meaningful on those fronts.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote