Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 09:33 PM   #2276 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
4. People should be able to opt into the systems they participate in. - needs more fleshing out to opine.
I'm against slavery on all levels and diffuse modes of control. General moral systems are useful for people who are criminally insane and ****, but there's an unnecessary demand to abide to certain systems like appealing to middle class values in the workplace and not being able to get on in modern society without the internet or using their roads. The grid as it exists is based on expansion and going off of it is virtually impossible. Countries who don't follow popular global models of government are ****ed with. Unnecessary gender roles, unthinking tradition, theocratic authoritarianism, change as a rule under the guise of progress, proper models of discourse... There's more to it, it's a pretty ambiguous point and is meant to work in tandem with the rest of my points, but basically I don't think it should be like that.

Quote:
6. Federal and global efforts are necessary for disasters, but governments and economies should be localized. - NO. I'm sick of Utah and Wyoming having such a big say in Federal (my life) policies.
Agreed. To clarify, I meant that the federal government should be restricted to disaster relief with other issues relegated to local communities with the caveat of respecting human rights. Travel doesn't really fit into the localized model of Frowntopia, but I would want it to be based on an understanding that transportation violates #2 instead of being mandated because gubments wouldn't exist.

Quote:
7. A reiteration of 4, but people should do whatever the **** they want without harming others. - CHECK with the caveat of also not harming the community as a whole.

Cool.
Totes. Others make up the community, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
On point 5 I would agree that leftists engaging in street brawls makes bad press cause liberal societies are too stupid to differentiate between leftwing and rightwing street fighters and it makea bad press for leftists while fascists are better at portraying themselves as victims, but rightwing street fighters have historically led to Bad Things and so not punching them in the face isn't a winning strategy either.
Ja, determining when to use force against threats to peace is a never ending process that can be a road right to authoritarianism if you're not careful. Also not punching nazis is so boring, gotta live a little.

It does feel like CIA bait sometimes though.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote