Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 04:23 PM   #2283 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
Same, actually, but I only have two questions:

1. Why do you think it's too early? In 10 years the shape of the country will be wildly different IMO.
Class conciousness is abysmal at the moment. Too many people are still conditioned to keep their head down and worry about their own situations. Electoral politics can achieve some things but without the people discovering some solidarity to leverage their numbers against the ruling class's wealth then it's a losing battle.
Activists have come along way since Occupy but they can't make up for a fossilized labor movement.

Quote:
2. I don't know what you think Neo-liberalism failed to do. As far as I can tell it did everything it wanted to.
Well it certainly worked out for the rich but the wealth gap can only get so wide and the future can only get so bleak for everyone else before complacency turns to rage. And the boom and bust cycles of capitalism seem to be getting worse so the cracks may be getting wider.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote