Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 04:29 PM   #2284 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Class conciousness is abysmal at the moment. Too many people are still conditioned to keep their head down and worry about their own situations. Electoral politics can achieve some things but without the people discovering some solidarity to leverage their numbers against the ruling class's wealth then it's a losing battle.
Activists have come along way since Occupy but they can't make up for a fossilized labor movement.
Maybe, I guess I'm more optimistic than that. It won't look like the early 1900s. But the Right doing an about face on a good deal of their economic policies, and Ted Cruz saying "we should be the party of working people" signals good things from where I sit.

Quote:
Well it certainly worked out for the rich but the wealth gap can only get so wide and the future can only get so bleak for everyone else before complacency turns to rage. And the boom and bust cycles of capitalism seem to be getting worse so the cracks may be getting wider.
Yeah but that's what I mean. Neoliberalism gave the Democrats an option during the Reagan era. And it's giving way to a more robust Left. I don't think the New Democrats had that plan. But it is how it went. Anything that drives society towards Capitalism's end - even if its Capitalism eating itself - should be considered good by the Left, no?