Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 07:27 AM   #2298 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
social views drive economic views too

I think the belief in capitalism/meritocracy for conservatives comes from their desire for social hierarchy

I don't think the rich scheme up these distractions, politicians capitalize on them though
I don't know, there's a healthy history of deception in this country that I'd find it hard to believe the rich had nothing to do with. They're in league with the politicians.

1. Car dominance in the US is because automotive companies paid for crossing guards in small towns across the country to teach children "the road is for cars, not people."
2. The Food Pyramid, which I grew up with, was not based in science but gined up to sell more dairy products iirc
3. The death of the electric vehicle, the overthrow of iranian democracy, the gulf of tonkin, and the alleged greatness of radiohead

We've been lied to forever, and it benefits the wealthy every time.

My support for Biden is largely because I think he's able to speak to the Rightward voters in a way that gets them to see a Unions value. I hope that I'm right. And also he likes trains.

But I don't like Biden's love for Israel, whatever this **** is with Trump and the defamation suit I don't like (though I have yet to sit down with it fully), and I think he's way wrong on student debt. I just think it's a major waste of time to post **** like "omg Biden is such a boomer lmao" and then, when pressed, support some never-candidate.