Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 10:34 PM   #75324 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Yeah that's not a real family.
95% of my "real" family are friends and their siblings/parents. I have my fathers sister, my first cousin once removed and his parents/siblings, and my mothers mother as the only two real blood relatives I give a sh*t about. I honestly don't care about my mothers side of the family. I don't wish ill upon any of them, well, besides the dipsh*t spouses, but I just lost connection over two decades ago.

Keep in mind that the town they all live in is f*cking five miles from where I grew up and spent most of my life. I haven't seen 75% of my first cousins since my grandfathers funeral and before that, since I was f*cking twelve.

One of my best friends just told me his father has terminal cancer. I cry f*cking thinking about it. That man means more to me than most of my own blood.

It's weird and different but the whole "blood is thicker than water" has pretty much zero meaning to me besides my parents, brother, and few select other family members.

The day I have to attend a funeral for one of my best friends parents, I probably won't eat for days. The day I attend a funeral from somebody on my mothers side of the family, I'll probably get f*cking Taco Bell afterward.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote