Music Banter - View Single Post - 80's song about my desire, I fight fire?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 05:16 AM   #16 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
You feel bad for someone who owns a Kenwood stereo cassette deck KX-1030 with three ferrite heads, full auto shut off, bias controls and a Double Dolby System. Feel bad? you should feel jealous.
It's a beautiful set up isn't it? I DO feel jealous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I mean this part of the forum is a dump site. Almost never does anyone know that tune, both because of a lack of information given to us and because what are the chances we'll just so happen to know some random song. And almost never when someone posts a query here do they have any interest in joining the forum, or even thanking anybody if we do happen to help them.

So why not just **** around? Doesn't hurt us and we're probably not gonna help them.
To be fair, this guy is better than most. He actually has a recording of the song, rather than a three-second snippet taped in a restaurant over the sounds of voices and chinking* glasses and plates, or the kind of description we're used to - "90s, maybe 2000, girl singer, goes LA LA LA LA, might be electronic, not sure".

And as it goes, some of us do help. I recently lent my assistance to a guy who was trying to identify, of all things, civil war era music, and I got a few of the tracks for him but not them all. I try to help when I can, as long as the information is there.

You just **** with people cos you're a ****.

* Jesus H Christ! Chink is a banned word????