Music Banter - View Single Post - Comedy is it Universal at all?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 11:48 PM   #37 (permalink)
DianneW
Music Addict

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I struggled real hard with this one. 1. The guy isn't wearing a face mask, so how would you know he's the type of guy who wears a face mask alone in his car? 2. If a person wears a mask in a car, alone or not, the face mask is still performing its function filtering out noxious car exhaust fumes that might leak into his or her car especially if the window is open and there's heavy traffic. I like to see that guy in a head on collision with an 18 wheeler and see if that seat belt still performs its function. This is such a false equivalency. Maybe that is where the joke lies in the irony of a false equivalency?
It is funny to me in my Country, and just for example, people here are wearing masks not just in cars, you drive along the Lanes literally no one around in and an area of complete calm and out of nowhere a jogger appears masks and all...you get to the supermarket and the social events start, first people are passing out the IN door and talking and laughing and see nothing of the NO entry signs, ...you have to see them to believe it so that is why I find it humorous...hey even the kiss greetings are happening as par the norm..gotta take the mask off first though....it is the same to me as tongue in cheek...I don't drink and drive..going to just spill it..same as ....

Last edited by DianneW; 06-10-2021 at 11:42 AM.
DianneW is offline   Reply With Quote