Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2021, 05:32 AM   #2160 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
He's using an old computer he doesn't even know the specs of to mine cryptocurrency. That's not someone I make high assumptions of.
I was sure he gave the specs but it must be in another thread. I remember asking him about the CPU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
It dipped, because of many reasons but it's around $40k. I think what's "good" or "bad" for a crypto is based on where you bought at. Elon's tweets affect it but not at much as news events. I see Elon just seeing it rise 5% and jump on that with a tweet and it'll go up another 5%, thinking its a major run, then dips. Overall, it's looking good. Bitcoin needs to hit $42k a coin before we leave a downtrend. It just was at $41.5k this morning. So yes, it dosedived, but if you know things you made money from the dip..because it's on its way up again...
Jesus Christ this is the most boring thing I have read in weeks, and I'm reading about the processes that go on inside the Sun! God I hate ****ing bitcoin. One day it will be revealed it was all some big scam started by that Nigerian prince.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
None taken, you're spot on: I thought my webcam was broken for weeks and then it turned out I accidentally activated the built-in cover. I discovered this when I accidentally uncovered it, after having been on the phone with IT for hours. When it comes to tech I am a boomer mom. At least I had the excuse of being off-camera in meetings for a while
Hilarious! I can go one slightly better. I spent hours with my mate on the phone, trying to figure out why my PC suddenly had no sound. We went though all sorts of adjustments of the parameters of the soundcard, and it turned out I HAD NOT TURNED MY AMP ON! Man was I embarrassed!