Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Covid Vaccine Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2021, 04:52 PM   #360 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
we just see it fundamentally different

In my mind, individual choice actually has little to no potential to translate into collective behavior except to the extent that you have actual influence over others

If I was a celebrity or influencer sure it would be irresponsible to say what I'm saying... Like it would be irresponsible for me to say voting is pointless too if I had that kinda sway

But I don't so it doesn't matter. You said you can accept it doesn't really make a difference but at the same time your still trying to insist that somehow deep down it does make a difference. And I'm here to tell you that it doesn't. Your thoughts and actions are just as meaningless and devoid of impact as mine. I think we like to maintain the illusion of some sort of semblance of influence or impact cause accepting the contrary makes us feel helpless but maybe we are helpless after all.
ffs I swear craving for impact is not my motive at all. Really, I've never had an issue with the meaninglessness of my life and decisions. But you're right about us seeing it differently. I think our individual choice is insignificant, but it's part of a collective choice which does make a difference, because many insignificant bits add up to a significant whole, and since you can only control your own tiny bit the only safe option is for everyone not to mess up that part. Not so much because everyone's individual contribution is significant, but because making it a principle that everyone has to do this is the closest you can get to making sure things work out. I know I'm repeating myself, I feel like there's a satisfying analogy in here somewhere but I can't get at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote