Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you agree with New Jack Swing ruined soul music?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2021, 09:08 AM   #30 (permalink)
SlyStone63
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavounet View Post
Almost every decades, Black Music changed name: Rhythm'n'Blues in the late 50s, Soul in the 60s, Funk in the 70s, Disco-Funk in the late 70s and early 80s, Hip Hop in the mid 80s, then New Jack Swing in the late 80s before it turns to New Soul and R'n'B in the late 90s.
The old sounds from the 50's up the early 80's are vintage and they are still very appreciated because it was played by real musicians instead of machines. Still there were artists who knew how to use the machines like Marving Gaye with Sexual Healing or Prince with When Doves Cry.
I rather consider that it is the growing popularity of Black music that drove the buisness to make more fast money with it and it is then that all the producers were using machines instead of musicians, and formated their songs. That is then and why most of Black Music lost Soul.
It was the golden age, I feel like I'm in heaven whenever I listen to rhythm and blues/soul from that period you mentioned
SlyStone63 is offline   Reply With Quote