Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official "Music Was So Much Better in the Glorious Days of Yore" Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 03:05 PM   #898 (permalink)
SlyStone63
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Perhaps the point here is that you just don't like music made after 1990. That's your right as a person, but it doesn't make it "no longer music" or give you the right to smirk and sneer at those who either enjoy it or accept it (as everyone should) as being music. One thing that's certain: technology in the last twenty to thirty years has allowed artists not only to express themselves without weighing themselves down with the chains of record labels and executives, and their fans to access their music freed from the same constraints, but to create music that simply would not have been possible thirty years ago, or even twenty. I refer you to Bull of Heaven, who, while I may not have any particular interest in them, have created music that is apparently quite literally endless, one song that is due to run for quadrillions of years, give or take an epoch. So how that could indicate music is dead in the 21st century is a mystery to me.
The 90s and later were just a terrible period for music. If you like it, fair enough
SlyStone63 is offline   Reply With Quote