Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official "Music Was So Much Better in the Glorious Days of Yore" Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2021, 06:03 AM   #953 (permalink)
Mucha na Dziko
Go ahead, Mr. Wendal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Now apply the car analogy to music: if you limit your musical analysis to the pop sphere, all music and life itself on earth will eventually disappear.

Agree to disagree on what objectivity means. Words are subjective too after all.
1. I thought of that analogy in a different manner. If „life” is „taste”, then music/art/literature that is of „high quality”, would be the water, and music/art/literature of low quality would be the petrol. Sure, it gives you a big boost at first, but then after a while will completely obliterate all of life. But if you take water, oh, Man, what could nature accomplish in the future?

2. We’re actually agreeing on what objectivity means. The diffrerence between us is that you believe no one can cłami that something is objective. And I agree with that statement, but I also believe that through dialogue and parameters we can come close to what that objectivity is.
Mucha na Dziko is offline   Reply With Quote