Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2021, 02:38 PM   #2207 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I had a thread about this somewhere but my quick lazy search hasn't turned it up, and like Homer says, the lesson is, never try.

So anyway, Plankton has been helping me to try to pick the best laptop I can, and I've been driving him nuts I'm sure (talk about "Screaming at an Empty Canvas", huh?) so I'm appealing to you guys.

Ideally, opinions from anyone who has had, or has, a laptop, the purchase of which they either regretted or did not, would be most welcome. Every brand I research I get good and bad (often really threatening/warningly bad) reviews, and I don't know what to do.

So it's basically this: do you, have you, any preference for, or do you or have you owned a Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or Lenovo laptop? I'm not asking for specs, as I know what I want and can afford. It's more about the reliability. I know nobody can stop your laptop from having problems and nobody can predict if it's going to give you hassle or anything, but stories or advice from those who have, or have had, any of the above brands (or others) and how it worked/has worked out would be helpful.

Thanks.
TH
Oh btw my second to last laptop was an HP and went down due to a known issue with a lot of HP laptops where the... CPU (?) had some kind of short that costs hundreds of dollars to fix and even if fixed may very well happen again, so I'd do some extra homework on HP laptops. It's been awhile so I don't remember the specifics but it was only a year or two old and just died.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote