Music Banter - View Single Post - comedians
Thread: comedians
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2021, 02:56 PM   #741 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
This reminds me of the time I was with my dude who was buying booze at a grocery store and there was this old crotchety bitch working the register and she asked for MY ID even though I wasn't the one buying the booze. Now, my ID was expired but it was clearly an ID and I was clearly the person in the picture but she wouldn't give my dude the booze cause my ID was expired.

Like, way to defend mindless bureaucracy, you prune faced cunt. Clearly I forged a fake ID that wasn't even current so that I could hang around the guy actually buying the booze cause we're just that dastardly. Bitch was probably mad wet just at the thought of defending the 18th Amendment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
Dunno, I really like that bit. It doesn't have a punch line but it works as a piece of literature, basically. I think Freud, who once wrote that jealousy in heterosexual relations is often just sublimated homosexual desire, would've enjoyed it.

Yeah I like literally everything about the bit, the word choice, the pantomime running down the field with the old timey pajama cap, the fake Chinese when ordering NFL prostitutes, everything, but it just doesn't make me laugh. It's great performance art but lousy comedy and oddly impressive that it accomplishes this weird task.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote