Music Banter - View Single Post - comedians
Thread: comedians
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2021, 07:33 PM   #742 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

When I got kicked out of the homeless shelter the 2nd time for drinking I ended up getting jumped (got into a random altercation with some teens and didn't know how to keep my mouth shut) and they took my wallet which had my ID and debit card plus the half bottle of soco I had left in my jacket pocket

I called the bank and cancelled my card which had about $700 leftover from my tax returns and I got an ATM access code and took out a couple hundred.

I had a hole where my tooth punctured clear through just above my upper lip on the right side and I went into Walgreens and washed it out. I could literally squirt water through the hole above my lip lol. Then I went to the register and bought a tallboy and some dxm gel caps no problem no ID. Bloodied face and all. Then I called for an ambulance and drank the beer while I waited.

When they got there, they said I didn't need stitches but they could treat the wound but that's about it. Didn't seem like they'd keep me overnight so I just said I'm good and they went on their way.

Walked down to the local motel near the Walmart and it's not quite a crack motel but low budget next to a waffle house and run by some Indians (I swear Indians named Patel run like all the hotels around here lol) and they wouldn't give me a room without ID even though I had 300 cash and the room is like $40. I even explained my situation and they were like sorry to hear that but it's the policy. No exceptions. Wasn't even a corporate chain either.

I honestly hate this aspect of modernity that the state has so much control over your identity or like they have to sign off on your identity just to exist as a person and do normal **** like find a place to sleep etc. I bet 50-100 years ago as long as you had the money you could find a place to sleep. Could be wrong but it seems like **** is only getting more and more soulless and corporate over time. The human element is eroding away.

Here I was with $300 sleeping in the Walmart bathroom stall. Some worker stumbled on me and asked if I was ok then left me alone lol. Southern hospitality. Some lingering vestige of the human element at least. In Florida, I can almost guarantee they would've run my ass outta there lol. But yeah wasn't a fun night.

Then again there was another time I was with my brother at Walmart shopping and I had a case of beer I was buying, among other things. My brother was just with me for the the errand. He was like 17. The cashier was this nerdy guy who insisted my brother needed an ID for me to buy the beer. I said he's not buying it, it's my stuff he's just with me. Wouldn't budge. I was like really??? So I just found a cooler cashier and bought it from them. He saw me on the way out as I circled around to the exit and he just looked at me awkwardly like I give a **** about his rules once I already made the purchase. I don't understand why he was being such a Nazi about it.

Last edited by jwb; 07-10-2021 at 07:52 PM.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote