Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 08:42 PM   #79023 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Thanks everyone.

I just got back from Maine. Two 8 hour drives in 36 hours is rough.

Two of the tougher days of my life. There's a bigger story to this whole thing that actually makes things even more tragic but it's honestly just too complex to tell. The gist of the matter is that my friend Evan and his GF Jenny had hit some rough patches on the path towards moving from Santa Rosa to Maine. It culminated in them splitting up but trying to still make the farm work on a civil level. It was working out for two weeks after their separation but spiraled into the two of them sleeping in two different outbuildings. Evan found Jenny when she wasn't at her normal spot in the morning milking the goats.

Jenny was a sweet, kind, funny, down to earth farm girl who didn't deserve what happened to her. It wasn't my friends fault. It wasn't anyones fault. It's just tragic.

We packed things up at the farm today. Her car was there. The dogs were looking for her. We left her things for her family in California to collect. It wasn't fun. The whole situation sucked. I couldn't go in the house. The goats were yelling.

I don't think I'll ever forget the last two days. I miss my friend. He last text to me was wishing me happy birthday last week. I should have called her instead of just texting her back.

Thanks for all the thoughts. This is going to beat me up a while.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote