Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 05:37 PM   #6831 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
I'm rewatching Buffy the Vampire Slayer in its entirety for the first time, I'm at the beginning of season 5 at this point. Thoughts so far:
- season 3 is still amazing and the Mayor is my favourite main villain.
- it's as I suspected: now that I'm (sort of) an adult I relate much more to Buffy. I still adore Willow but I feel like I outgrew some of the things I recognised in her (which wasn't much to begin with, I've never been a meek exemplary student with a preference for fluffy pink sweaters)
- Some of the feminist and racial missteps are more disturbing than I recall, although maybe that's partly due to knowing about the Whedon scandal
- Faith <3<3<3
all she wanted was a cute blonde slayer gf and she deserved better and of course she did some very wrong things and I don't care
- To me, Helpless is still the hardest episode to watch in the first half of the series
- Now that I'm more invested in Buffy and her feelings I'm less annoyed by her relationship with Angel, but only for her sake. David Boreanaz' acting really doesn't help.
- I still think Dawn is great and an asset to the series and I will die on this hill
- If the Initiative plot didn't suck so much season 4 would be incredible. Also, the roommate drama episode hit different after my housemate troubles, and Hush is eerily reminiscent of the corona situation in some ways
I swear to god he's way better in Angel. He doesn't have to be a broody Twilight fop who only exists to be a heart throb for teenage girls and is actually pretty great.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote