Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Falls Into The Twilight Zone
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 01:28 PM   #42 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

Okay, next victims...

Mirror Image: Another rare Zone where the female is the lead. Vera Miles is good as the panicked traveler who has seen her doppelganger. You forgot to mention Martin Milner, who would go on to star in two TV series, Route 66 and Adam-12. Also, if you like Columbo, both Milner and Miles appear in the series, Milner as the murder victim and Miles as the murderess (and of Martin Sheen at that.)

As far as the psychological part, maybe, but Milner sees his own doppelganger after Miles' character is essentially committed. Decent episode, very watchable (rating: B)

The Monster Are Due On Maple Street: This one goes down as a Twilight Zone classic and you seem to agree, Trolls. I do like the episode and I do like the idea that humans are their own worst enemy, a sad but true reality. I like Claude Akins in this one too as the lone voice of reason. Can't rate it quite as high as most TZ fans do but nonetheless a well written, if a little preachy episode. By the way, did anyone else want to smack the woman that kept pointing the finger at everybody? (Rating: B+ )

A World of His Own: This is indeed an interesting one. Is the reality Arthur Curtis who jumps into a Hollywood set or is he really screen star Gerry Raigan, possibly in the middle of a nervous breakdown. A very solid piece by Matheson. Howard Duff was, of course, a very established actor (movies mostly) who, as you mentioned, would star in Felony Squad in the late sixties. David White, of course, went on to play the befuddled boss in Bewitched (Rating: B)

Long Live Walter Jameson: Charles Beaumont is back and he does his own twist on The Picture of Dorian Gray. In some ways Walter Jameson (played expertly by Kevin McCarthy)seems a bit pathetic and certainly callous in how he dumps his women when they are no use for him anymore. You don't feel so sorry for him when his jilted wife exacts her revenge. Good episode and always enjoy watching this one but I'm not sure how you can turn a version of Dorian Gray into your own creation. Beaumont gives it the old school try though (Rating: B+)

People Are Alike All Over:
A very good take on life on Mars and again, a sharp critique of the human race. I especially like the ironic ending where Marcusson's optimistic view of the title is repeated by Conrad's bitter realization of the same thing. Of course, Roddy McDowell is the famous actor in this one and, besides his storied career, can also boast of having been one of Elizabeth Taylor's closest friends. Great episode (rating A)

And that's up to date. You're up, Trolls.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote