Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2021, 10:22 AM   #828 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
That's a false dichotomy based on the assumption that interfering with another country's economy is an acceptable thing to do
It isn't a false dichotomy. You don't have actual solutions. The U.S. isn't going to change their buying habits, so it is a moot point no matter how you try to spin it. Plus if the U.S. was sitting in China's shoes on these graphs, you'd be singing a very different tune.

Quote:
It means that I can tell that you're not approaching this discussion with an honest aim toward accuracy.
Just because I look at the data and come to different conclusions than you might doesn't mean I'm not being honest. You are indulging in fallacious thinking here. To put it another way, the fact you brought up a purposely over-the-top joke I made about the U.S. invading China in a completely different discussion doesn't give one any confidence about your particular viewpoints here. Or were you serious with Bat about the eco-terrorism stuff?

Quote:
Addressing it on a financial level would be more effective than obsessing over which country is Most to Blame via an unwillingness to recognize confounding factors within your statistics.
Sure. I don't really care if China is the problem or if it turned out to be the U.S. or Saudi Arabia. And like I said, you'd be singing a different tune if those stats reflected a different hierarchy. And you didn't even believe me anyway until I showed you a few articles, so that was your previous line of attack. If you just want to play a game of move the goalposts then by all means, be my guest.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 08-09-2021 at 10:27 AM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote