Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2021, 10:31 AM   #830 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Plus if the U.S. was sitting in China's shoes on these graphs, you'd be singing a very different tune.
Nah.

Quote:
Just because I look at the data and come to different conclusions than you might doesn't mean I'm not being honest.
You're dishonest because of your history as a troll going down the standard tree of conservative talking points, misframing of your opposition, attempts to lay a groundwork of falsehoods to drive the conversation, etc etc.

I'm not super interested in making you out to be a bad man though, I'm just here to identify some of the falsehoods for others.

Quote:
To put it another way, the fact you brought up a purposely over-the-top joke I made about the U.S. invading China in a completely different thread doesn't give one any confidence about your particular viewpoints here.
It's the functional outcome of what you're calling for. Tell him, jwb.

Quote:
And like I said, you'd be singing a different tune if those stats reflected a different hierarchy.
This is a global issue so no, I wouldn't. It's probably better if you base this conversation on things I have said instead of imagined arguments you've dishonestly constructed for me in order to frame a cheap gotcha argument.

Quote:
And you didn't even believe me anyway until I showed you a few articles, so that was your previous line of attack.
I'm well aware of the media campaign intended to manufacture western consent of war with china and never even rejected their level of emissions. I'm mainly pointing out that it's entwined with american consumption, so america effectively (as opposed to performatively as we've been seeing) going net zero or even negative on emissions would include their relationship with china.

You introduced the nation-based goalpost btw.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote