Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2021, 11:09 AM   #832 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
I read what you said, and there's nothing to imagine here.
You literally imagined what I "would" say.

Quote:
I went back into those articles and found that your viewpoint America and China's production relationship doesn't seem to account for most of the cited emission numbers. Rather, their coal production for domestic products and cement production are the largest contributing factors. There's no "gotcha" here - I just found your generalizations to be inaccurate.
My generalizations about tackling the financial incentives surrounding environmental destruction address something broader than your nation-obsessed goalpost.

Quote:
I never introduced nations as a goalposts. I made a point that if you want to deal with emissions, you need to change China because by extension it would be more effective in a macro-sense since every other country (U.S., the EU, Russia, etc.) buy from them. The U.S. has been lowering carbon emission rates consistently for years now and under Biden will likely accelerate that trend - the CCP is a different story, hence the data.
That would introducing a goalpost attempting to reduce the conversation to which nation is the most to blame.

The u.s. has not functionally lowered its emissions because it outsources a good deal of industry to other countries that pick up the tab and some of the local reductions are not enough under the half-measures being implemented. Another confounding factor is that international shipping is also difficult to pin on one country and accounts for a great deal of global emissions. Then the countries where the emissions are offset to receive the blame for them, justifying the imperialist interference underpinning your calls to do "something" about those crazy chinamen in the public consciousness. This is why reducing the conversation to which nation is most to blame distorts the issue at hand. That's the function of these talking points that you apparently think nobody here has seen before.

Quote:
See though, I don't think you and I really disagree on these issues. You just don't have a strong grasp on my actual positions on most topics, so you tend to approach arguments with me ineffectually.
That sounds like you being unable to comprehend where I'm disagreeing with your statements more than anything.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote