Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2021, 06:10 PM   #842 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Lisna, you should look at some of the other figures in those links and a few other stories. One has it at 30%, the others are slightly lower and another dataset I saw had it at 32%. The stats vary on the U.S. and E.U. too as far as CO2 numbers go. Looking at all the different reports together, 30% is about right for China for 2021. I had assumed you had looked at other data when I responded to you. You don't need to be such a literalist if that wasn't the case.

As far as my comments go about the buyer-seller relationship goes...China has most of the leverage and they don't seem to want things to change. That's why despite all the talk from Trump and being "tough" on China, the trade wars don't change the status quo all that much. If the nature of that relationship ever does change, you'd have to see regime changes in both countries way beyond what we have seen in the last few decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
And Anteater calling himself "solution-oriented" is ludicrous when his solution is to "make China do X". How you gonna make China do anything, Ant, when half the political class in your country is actively obstructing climate change solutions and the other half is just kicking the can down the road? Are you personally going to make China do anything? Seems to me if you want to make China do anything you first have to change your own country's stance on climate change. Unless you support grass roots eco terrorism in China?
I thought the obvious solution was to incentivize China to stop using coal. We agreed it was a bad idea in the U.S. a long time ago - is there some reason why they should stay on coal and not go above and beyond what the U.S. has done?

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote