Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2021, 11:45 AM   #854 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not advocating for ecoterrorism, I'm horrified at our lack of agency in geopolitics. I mean even if we don't start blowing **** up America will almost certainly give ever more violent power to the police and border Patrol because America knows the destabilization to come via climate change and wants to give our state violence organizations the ability to shoot who needs to be shot to preserve the status quo.

So why not just kill all those government thugs?
see that sounds more like revenge/retribution to me than it does trying to really impact the environment

So the morality concerned is different

I can almost see the revenge argument more .. that if we're going down anyway then might as well make them pay for it. But maybe it's just the way i think about morality but i don't think that's necessarily ethically righteous just more so satisfying to the victims. Think death penalty for murderers/rapists etc

Which is of course distinct from the idea that we are actually going to scare people into doing the right thing. You can make an argument for example that the death penalty doesn't work as a deterrence but that doesn't make the revenge any less sweet. So i guess i do relate to the impulse that it would at least be satisfying to watch the elite taken down. Whether it was done by moral or immoral means.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote