Music Banter - View Single Post - The Thread of Cancellation
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2021, 03:14 AM   #370 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
All of what makes them do **** like that is that they want to push personal boundaries to prove that they can.
i think that the idea you can get away with it definitely is part of it... That's part of why the me too movement manifested imo is cause there was a long standing culture of looking the other way..
Quote:
Maybe if he hadn't had that bit in his show where he's calling a woman a **** for talking during his set I wouldn't be so unwilling to give him a second chance.
talking during a comedians set is disrespectful enough that i think if they call you a **** that's fair game.. in fact you probably are a ****

Quote:
Maybe if his comeback had included addressing the issue I'd be willing to believe he'd given some thought to his behavior.

And maybe if he'd done that with his whole shtick being that he's a schlubby guy who's honest about how schlubby he is I wouldn't be so disinterested in more of his standup about how honest he is about being schlubby. Cause now I'm just gonna be thinking what a dishonest pussy he is.
You don't have to be a fan to not necessarily think he needs to stay cancelled
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote