Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2021, 12:08 PM   #2239 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I'm having issues with my monitor. It keeps flicking off for a second, blank screen then back. A few moments later it goes again. I've checked the connections, changed the refresh rate several times, uninstalled, reinstalled and tried to update the drivers but it persists in happening.

I don't think it's any issue with the graphic card, as I also run a second monitor (my TV) through a HDMI cable and that works fine. When the main monitor flickers, the TV does not. I've also been getting messages about a power surge in the PSU every time I boot up, though some comments have been not to put too much store in that, as it may be the software just being overprotective.

Before I go replacing the monitor, any advice? I tried to hook up an older monitor to try to confirm if there was an issue with the current one, but it told me there was a different signal ratio, advised me to change it (don't know what it is or how to do that) and remained blank, so that was a failure.

If I need a new monitor I'll get one, but the last thing I want to do is buy one and then find the problem is still there, that it wasn't the monitor that was the issue at all.

Any help very much appreciated. I can use my TV as a monitor for now, but it's at the end of my bed and not too easy to read text off, so not ideal for being used as a primary monitor.

Thanks
TH