Music Banter - View Single Post - The end of musical innovation
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 09:06 PM   #90 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
You can have an argument for 3 pages, or you can just cut it short right away. Time is money. I like to be respectful of people's money.

From the 80s? Such as?
OK Boston had more than just underground scene. Let me roughly break some of it down:

Boston and Aerosmith were huge Arena Rock bands - like 'em or lump 'em.

J Geils Band, The Cars - They help define the 80s New Wave sound. Two of my atf bands.

Then Boston had an underground HC scene that rivaled DC's eg Negative FX, Gang Green, Jerry's Kids, SS Decontrol - like 'em or lump 'em.

Then they're other bands like (along the lines of college rock) Mission of Burma, (MTV bands) The Lemonhead, Till Tuesday

All those bands, all those styles, don't mean anything? ... don't amount to anything?

There is a lot I don't like from the 80s where I see your point. If anything I would expect coming from a discussion of 80s music would be you touting Boston bands, and coming to a conclusion that the 80s wasn't all that bad.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote