Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recreational Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2021, 07:23 PM   #6664 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Y'all ever heard of self-trepanation? It's where you drill a hole in your head, effectively causing a permanent trip.

Bart Hughes developed the idea in Homo Sapiens Correctus, basing it off of treatments found in ancient skulls believed to relieve pressure from the brain. His thought is that the human body hasn't fully adapted to the shift to bipedalism and doesn't provide enough spinal fluid to the brain, limiting its faculties. He also believes that babies being born with a hole in the head to relieve pressure is the source of the almost psychedelic nature of childhood. By drilling a hole in his head, he changed the ratio of blood to spinal fluid in his head, increasing the level of oxygen going to his brain and putting it into an overactive state akin to a DMT trip. Some advocates have done it and say there is no going back.

The Homo Sapiens Correctus scroll:

Photos of people during and after trepanation, spoilered for blood.

Spoiler for Bart Hughes:

Spoiler for Amanda Fielding:

Sounds like a good time with the homies
Frownland, don't do it. You need "self-trepanation" like you need a hole in your head.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote