Music Banter - View Single Post - What Didn’t President Biden Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2021, 09:00 AM   #131 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
I've got respect for the Biden administration for finally getting this done, one way or another. Not that they had a ton of choice with Trump's agreement with the Taliban, but still.

Obama and Trump both kicked the can down the road.

Our entire time there has been a disaster though. It's unfortunate the way that things are shaking out with the violence, the death, and the Taliban regaining control. We should have never been there.

I'm not convinced that this pull out would've been any better with a different president/administration. I kinda agree with jadis, I think the military brass and generals dragged their feet and executed this incompetently because they didn't want to do this. Biden, of course, can't really come out and criticize/blame his generals in front of the public though. Get out, once and for all, and let the Taliban and ISIS(-K) blow each other up.

^ 90% of Americans about anything foreign policy related. Give Biden 2 months max, reap some rewards from legislative success or vaccine success and his approval rating will recover and no one will care any more. Sad, unfortunate, but true.
This. Though I'm dubious about vaccine success or anyone caring about whatever finally gets through the Senate. What he should really be worried about is what happens after the eviction moratorium lapses.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote