Music Banter - View Single Post - Frank Zappa Appreciation Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2021, 06:12 AM   #416 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin_Station View Post
"I'm viewing the lyrics within the context of a misogynistic and sexist culture"--which is something I don't agree with; I don't agree that we have a (generally) misogynistic and sexist culture. It's not that I think that no one is misogynistic or sexist (or racist or anything like that), but I think that people have gone completely off the rails with making claims about that sort of stuff, because those things aren't very common in my view, and the vast majority of things interpreted in those ways are ridiculous.
Ja, the inability to grasp how common it is is what I was poking fun at with the original "I don't think" post.

Quote:
I also don't like "agreeing to disagree" and I want you to not hold wack views. I'm willing to do the work to achieve that--even if it takes weeks, months, years, whatever, but you don't seem willing to put in that kind of work from your perspective.
I was using your quote for irony. Here's two bucks, go buy some self-awareness.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote