Music Banter - View Single Post - What Didn’t President Biden Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2021, 03:47 PM   #146 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Of course, to jwb's main point, it most certainly could have been done better. Could it have gone worse? Most certainly. Hindsight is 20/20. The problem is that we don't really have enough information released publicly at this point to know why everything went down the way it did and to determine who's primarily at fault. Is it Biden's fault? Maybe/maybe not. His generals? Maybe/maybe not. If Trump's admin was heading this, would it have gone better? Maybe/maybe not. It's all speculation.

It will be used politically against Biden and it will be effective, at least to a degree and for some unknown amount of time. If Republicans are smart, and the public cares enough, they could frame it quite well as Biden's Jimmy Carter moment ala the Iran hostage crisis. I don't think anyone believes he's running for a second term, so whoever the Republican nominee is may not be able to use this event as a weapon against the Dem nominee unless said nominee is Kamala (unlikely, imo).

I agree with some semblance of what jwb is saying: This doesn't look good for Biden, at all. Keep an eye on his approval ratings released soon, they'll likely go down. Both partisan factions of the media are essentially admitting that this withdrawal was botched and has evolved into a disaster. Much of said media is pinning the blame on Biden. As president, that's the burden he bears, but whether it's actually his fault, or whether it was someone else's fault, or if any other president would've done better is just speculation.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote