Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 08:57 PM   #9407 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
70% is the stat for whether people think we should pull out, right?

People can think we should pull out while the actual execution is botched and gets negative media coverage. I don't think there's anything corrupt about that lol it's very clearly a juicy headline when people are clinging to the wheels of planes trying to evacuate.
While I can understand this argument, it doesn't seem to be able to travel far. The withdrawal was botched. Let's assume it was due to incompetence* It could have been three times as bad and I'd still be left with two thoughts:

1. It was right to leave
2. Biden was the only President that did it

*I'm not going to the mat to argue it wasn't incompetence, but I know Biden felt Obama was jammed by the Generals on his withdrawal. And I'm certain the Bay of Pigs-to-Cuban Missile crisis was on his mind. I suspect that, in some part, Biden just said "I don't care how bad it is - get out" as a checkmate to the Generals, who very well could have tried to make this bad to keep the war going. Again, even if this is all Biden's fault, so what? We're out. And that's the right call. 20 years of ****-ups, and the doddering Oldest President we've ever had got the job done when your saviors couldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
They're in the tank for PMC culture where capitalism is good with proper regulation, imperialism is a leftist conspiracy, and social progress is when some puff piece about a minority going to Harvard makes you feel good instead of sad. They don't have to be paid off cause imagining that the country that gave them such a nice middle class life is actually doing something bad isn't something they're generally willing to do.
That's a fair argument. But it's still an issue of relativity. I haven't seen any push for some other issue like there was for the "Leaving Afghanistan is miserable!"